Late 19th century martin style parlour guitar
* Provenance with this guitar was brought ashore by one of the sailors rescued from ‘The Albana’, a three masted sailing ship which was shipwrecked in a storm December 1894. The guitar was given by the sailor to one of the local residents in thanks for the hospitality to the crew. It was passed by The Headmaster of Cleveleys Primary School where it was used as an object for art studies. In 1952 it was passed to the grandson of the headmaster who had it completely renovated by Forsyth’s of Manchester and was regularly used until a few years ago.

Estimate £150 – 250

Sold for £220