Selling a guitar at Gardiner Houlgate could not be simpler. Our auctions provide the perfect platform to take away the stress and hassle that can be encountered from selling by other methods. If you are thinking of selling via auction, just follow the simple steps below.
1. Have your guitar valued by our in house specialist – We offer a free valuation service without obligation to sell.
There are a number of ways we can value your guitar.
Email us with images – supply all known relevant information (make, model, serial number and provenance if known) and we can give an approximate auction valuation. email@example.com
Make an appointment to see our specialist at the saleroom.
Contact us by telephone on 01225 812912 and talk to one of our valuers.
2. Once you are happy with the valuation and suggested reserve (if applicable) and have decided to sell your guitar at auction, just bring it to us before the entry deadline and complete an entry form. Once on site, all items are fully insured. If you have a large collection that you would like collected and delivered to our salerooms, we have couriers passing most areas throughout the year. This provides a convenient service with minimal hassle. They can also fill out entry forms with you.
3. We take care of the rest. We will catalogue and photograph your guitar/s in preparation for sale. All lots are illustrated in our online catalogues well in advance of the auction to ensure maximum exposure. Highlighted items will also feature on our social media platforms.
4. A pre-sale advice note and sale catalogue will be sent by post 7-10 working days before the sale as confirmation.
5. Follwing the auction, we settle payment 14 working days post sale.
We offer competitive commission rates, no charge for unsold lots, colour illustrated catalogues, full internet coverage and speedy payment within 14 working days after the sale. For full Vendors Terms and Condtions, please see the relevant section on our website.